Entries are invited for Douglas in Bloom, Douglas Borough Council’s annual community horticultural contest.
With 11 categories, the competition provides opportunities for gardeners to showcase their talents, whatever their green space, be it a window box, patio or allotment.
The categories are:
• Hotels and guest houses without gardens;
• Hotels and guest houses with gardens;
• Private houses with gardens;
• Business premises;
• Public/community garden;
• Best residential area;
• Best Douglas Borough Council property (house or apartment);
• Conservation, wildlife and biodiversity;
• Secret garden (gardening ‘gems’ out of public view);
• Allotments (most improved and most productive).
Regeneration and Community Committee Chairman Councillor John Skinner said: ‘Every year the competition highlights the wealth of horticultural talent within the Borough, and what the contest reveals never ceases to amaze and delight. Douglas in Bloom is not only a means to highlight and acknowledge the hard work gardeners put in year round but also to celebrate our green spaces which make such a welcome contribution to our quality of life and promote a positive image for Douglas.’
To apply online please refer to the panel opposite. Application forms are also available from Douglas Town Hall and the Henry Bloom Noble Library.