Households covered by the scheme are provided with two recycling boxes; green with a net cover for cans, glass and plastic bottles; blue with a shower-proof cover for paper.
Please keep your box tidy and separate your items as it makes collection much easier.
If your box is full you can put separated items in untied carrier bags next to your box and they will be collected.
Please ensure your kerbside boxes are positioned at the curtilage of your property by 08:00 on collection day.
Certain streets have already been assessed for suitability. If there are collections already taking place in your street it is likely that your address will be suitable.
For locations where no collections are currently being undertaken a site visit may be required to carry out a risk assessment. This is to ensure that the public and operatives will not be put at risk by the collection in a certain location.
Properties that are unsuitable for collection are as follows:
- Where stopping the collection vehicle will block a crossing or junction;
- Where stopping the collection vehicle will cause a major traffic delay on a main road;
- Where there is any safety issue regarding the safe collection of material;
- From large blocks of apartments where the siting of boxes for collection will cause a large obstruction;
- Where the kerbside vehicle is unable to gain access.
If you are unsure whether your home is suitable for our standard collection service, please contact our customer services centre. (See 'Contact Details')
Frequently Asked Questions
Can the Council help if I have difficulty taking out my bins?
Yes. If you are unable to take your bins to the front of your property and need help doing so, you can apply for our assisted collection service.
What can I recycle?
A detailed list of what you can recycle is available on the Recycle for Mann website.